What to Expect at the Overnight Location
All two day riders will stay overnight at the halfway point in the Village of Canastota, NY and enjoy:
- Free live music hosted at the outdoor stage at Zems Ice Cream
- Erie Canal Brewing Company will host a special craft beer pouring, including their signature Muleskinner Pale Ale, at the campsite
- Erie Canal themed art show, poetry display, and movie at the local library
- Free entry to the Canastota Canaltown Museum and International Boxing Hall of Fame
- A wide selection of great local restaurants to choose from for dinner and breakfast
- Special extended season hours for Zems Ice Cream
- Free luggage transportation between the start, Canastota, and the end
Camping is included in the Tour the Towpath experience at a group campsite in the Village of Canastota on Hickory Street. The group campsite is at 124 Hickory Street near Zems Ice Cream, with restrooms on premises and access to showers nearby. Tents and campers are allowed at the campsite.
Camping Location: 124 Hickory Street Canastota
For riders who do not wish to camp, hotel accommodations should be made individually. Those staying in hotels are still welcome to participate in all of the festivities and services listed above. See the options below for Hotels in the Village of Canastota.